3 July 2013
The 193rd BSAC Meeting took place on Wednesday, 3 July 2013.
This was a private meeting for the BSAC Membership and invited guests.
Items on the agenda included:
- a discussion on the BSAC response to the EU Green Paper: Preparing for a Fully Converged Audiovisual World: Growth, Creation and Values
- an update on developments to the EU- US Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
- David Austin Assistant Director, Policy & Public Affairs and Steve Hopkins, IT Manager, BBFC, speaking on the policy background and industry response to classifying UGC
- Roger Walkden, Chief of Staff, Microsoft Studios, Europe, speaking about the Xbox One
- Ralph Rivera, Digital Director, BBC, talking about the BBC's plans for the future.
8 August 2013
BSAC is delighted to announce that Theo Bertram, Policy Manager, Google, has been welcomed into Membership.
23 August 2013
BSAC is delighted to support the Salford Media Festival 2013, which will take place on 19 and 20 November 2013.Read more...
6 September 2013
The Chief Executive participated in a working lunch with representatives from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce and the Zhongguancon Digital Content Industries Association to discuss industry cooperation.
This lunch was hosted and led by Julian David, Director General, Intellect.
BSAC response to EU Green Paper: 'Preparing For a Fully Converged Audiovisual World: Growth, Creation and Values'
13 September 2013
BSAC has produced a response to the EU Green Paper: 'Preparing For a Fully Converged Audiovisual World: Growth, Creation and Values'
A copy of this response can be downloaded here.
This was submitted to the European Commission on 13 September 2013.