24 March 2015
BSAC Honorary President Michael Deeley, who won an Oscar for The Deerhunter and who produced some of the most popular British films ever made, including The Italian Job and Blade Runner, was interviewed by Matthew Field at a packed event run by Film Means Business.
Pictured: Michael Deeley (left) and Matthew Field (right) pictured with (back row, right to left) Fiona Clarke-Hackston (Chief Executive, BSAC) and George Kestner (Administration and Reports Manager, BSAC) at the book signing.
23 March 2015
Lord Attenborough’s life was honoured at service of remembrance held at Westminster Abbey on Tuesday, 17 March. The Chief Executive said,
"This was a wonderful ceremonial event reflecting his contribution to the audiovisual industries and his charitable work which, as David Puttnam noted, would have been much enjoyed by Richard himself."
Richard Attenborough served as Chairman of BSAC between 1987 and 1996, and remained as Honorary President until his death last year.
18 March 2015
The March Council Meeting included:
- an update on BSAC’s work on the European Digital Single Market and the Commission’s plans for opening up the Copyright framework
- Meeting Production Demand: A Studio’s View, featuring Andrew Smith (Director of Strategy and Communications and Company Secretary, Pinewood Shepperton)
- The Future of the BBC, with John Whittingdale OBE MP (Chair, CMS Select Committee)
- A report on the changing nature of music industry exports, from Will Page (Director of Economics, Spotify)
- A briefing on LookLive, a new business that allows viewers to purchase onscreen apparel, by Christopher Archer (CEO and Founder, LookLive).
17 March 2015
Kevin Tsujihara (Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros.) opening Platform 9¾ at the Harry Potter Experience, Leavesden Studios.
13 March 2015
The Chief Executive attended EGX Rezzed 2015, a video games event; the photograph shows a terrific panel on VR.